NSE – A Great Place to Be!
We are very proud of our school and we welcome the opportunity to share it with you! New Sarepta Elementary School prides itself on being a caring school community that includes great children, involved parents, skilled and dedicated teachers and support staff, and a positive, healthy, safe learning environment. With a commitment to providing the best possible education program to the students of NSE, we respect, encourage, challenge and recognize each other as we all strive towards our personal best.
New Sarepta Elementary serves approximately 250 students from Kindergarten to Grade 6. We are proud of our rural status, comprised of families from surrounding farms, acreages, and the hamlet itself. Our staff and students include incredible people with diverse talents, interests and backgrounds. Our goal as parents, students, community members and school personnel encompass all of the following:
- To promote learning – Every child has a natural curiosity. Our task is to continually nurture and expand on their desire to learn.
- To strive for excellence – Every child will be encouraged to be the best they can be and do the best they can do.
- To be considerate and respectful of others and of property – Being considerate means learning to care for others and the world of which we are a part of.
- To lead a healthy, active lifestyle – Fostering an environment that promotes active living and positive health behaviors contributes to the healthy development of every child.
- To work in cooperation – Education today is a cooperative venture between school, the home, and the community. In order to achieve these goals, it is imperative that we strive to:
1. Enhance a sense of security and worth within the school.
2. Have open communication regarding activities, programs and progress.
3. Encourage acceptance of responsibility for ourselves and our work.